Tudor England Contents
The Tudor period was one the most exciting in British history. The Tudors were a Welsh-English family that ruled England and Wales from 1485 to 1603, starting with the first monarch King Henry VII (1457–1509). The Tudors ruled for 118 years and Tudor England saw two of the strongest monarchs ever to sit on the English throne: King Henry VIII and his daughter Queen Elizabeth I.
BiographiesMONARCHS: King Henry VII - King Henry VIII - King Edward VI - Queen Mary I - Queen Elizabeth I THE SIX WIVES OF KING HENRY VIII: Katharine of Aragon - Anne Boleyn - Jane Seymour - Anne of Cleves - Catherine Howard - Katharine Parr ROYAL RELATIVES: Lady Jane Grey - Mary, Queen of Scots - Princess Mary Tudor - Princess Margaret Tudor - Lady Catherine Grey TUDOR CITIZENS: Sir Thomas More - The Boleyn Family - Thomas Wolsey - Thomas Cromwell - Thomas Cranmer - Charles Brandon, duke of Suffolk
Questions?Visit the Tudor England FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions, including a brief history of Tudor England.
PortraitsVisit Tudor England: Images to view portraits of the Tudors and their contemporaries.
QuizzesTest your knowledge of Tudor England at the Quizzes page.
SourcesPRIMARY SOURCES: Read eyewitness accounts of people and events in Tudor England, including letters written by the six wives of Henry VIII. SECONDARY SOURCES: Read Biographies; Histories; Studies, etc about the Tudor era.
MediaBibliography - Tudor Films
- Letter of Queen Katharine Parr to the Privy Council 25 July 1544
- Letter of Katharine of Aragon to the Imperial ambassador, Eustace Chapuys 1535
- Katharine Parr Letter to her stepdaughter, Princess Mary 20 September 1544
- Letter of Katharine of Aragon to her husband, King Henry VIII 7 January 1536
- Queen Catherine Howard to Master Thomas Culpeper
- Elizabeth I’s Letters About Mary Queen Of Scots
- Margaret Tudor Queen of Scotland Facts, Biography & Information
- Mary Queen of Scots Chronology & Timeline – 1542 to 1587
- Lady Catherine Grey Facts & Information Biography
- Lady Jane Grey – Facts, Biography, Information & Portraits